Site to Site VPN using Meraki MX

ShibuR
Comes here often

Site to Site VPN using Meraki MX

Hi Guys,

I need some help around DHCP option 156 when setting up VPN tunnel with Meraki MX and non-meraki vpn peer. Does anyone has any experience ? I am having difficulties in setting DHCP option in MX. Please let me know if anyone came across with similar issue?

Kind regards,

Shibu

4 REPLIES 4
Johnfnadez
Building a reputation

What is the issue that u have with your DHCP Options?

Are u using DHCP Relay?

Johnny Fernandez
Network & Security Engineer
CCNP | JNCIP-SEC | CMNA

- DHCP relay does not work on MX as the IP addresses on the site and relay servers are different.

- VOIP phone require dhcp option 156 for certain values, but I cannot get this to work as the IP Phones does not pickup this option. Please see below the option I have. If I can relay to another Windows Server, i know this option will work. But with MX running DHCP, i am not able to relay to another site.

ShibuR_0-1587511267223.png

Please let me know if you need more information.

DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Are your IP Phones picking up an IP address in the right vlan?  For one of our customers they have an Avaya phone system and setting the code to 242 works fine. A quick google shows 156 to be Mitel? Have you tried factory resetting the phones before they register?

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.
ShibuR
Comes here often

Yes, no issue with IPs. I have trouble with Mitel IP Phone for option 156... It does not pickup the values... I have tried all options ( resetting phones etc ) no luck.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels