Script to authenticate vpn users to Domain after they have connected to firewall

Maxmillius_dmw
New here

Script to authenticate vpn users to Domain after they have connected to firewall

I have unique situation where my AD sits upstream  on a different ip schema. We have  a site to site vpn between two mx100 firewalls.  This does allow computers on the network to authenticate without any problem.

The VPN users are the problem.

Remote admin does not want to use domain credentials in the cloud and attempts at using radius for authentication are failing due to several complexities . 

I am using meraki cloud authentication for my VPN users to connect to the firewall, but then I need a way of having them authenticate to domain to be able to use network shares and file server on the domain

Currently we are having VPN users connect to a system inside the facility via RDP.

I would prefer to skip this step.

Does anyone know of script that would prompt VPN users for credentials and pass them to AD?

Thanks for taking the time to read this

1 REPLY 1
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Nash has a set of client VPN scripts:
https://github.com/gammacapricorni/happy-meraki-client-vpn 

It sets "UseRasCredentials" to 0, so that VPN credentials are not used against AD resources.  It'll just use the normal users AD credentials.

You can also set this manually in the *.pbk file.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels