SSID Tunneling and Tags

mat1458
Getting noticed

SSID Tunneling and Tags

In bridge mode Meraki allows to use VLAN IDs with tags. This gives the possibility to use templates and add the APs to the corresponding tags (and with that to the corresponding VLANs) afterwards. With SSID Tunneling to VPN Concentrator there is a possibility to use VLAN but only a single VLAN can be assigned.

I have the need to separate the sites/networks on the central VPN concentrator into one VLAN per site. With the existing configuration logic on the dashboard I have no possibility to do this in a template, resulting in a second network per site only for the access points.

I don't want to complain, please don't misunderstand me. But with the extension of the tag concept to the SSID tunnels I see a possibility to allow this configuration in templates as well. And in my opinion this would simplify the configuration overall.

Anyway, I can do what I need to do, so I'm happy. Consider my post a  a suggestion for future developments.

0 REPLIES 0
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels