SD-WAN and WiFi Access Point

dougProCast
New here

SD-WAN and WiFi Access Point

I am new to configuring SD-WAN with Meraki mx84.  Here's what I would like to know.  It appears setting up a second ISP is pretty straight forward and the same goes with shaping the traffic. However, here's where it  might get a little tricky.  The executive would like the WI-Fi traffic separated from the network without buying  any additional hardware. What I think would be the easiest way to accomplish this is by adding a second ISP line to the firewall, then take all the WIFI traffic and direct it to that interface.  I understand that I will need to set up some vlan on the switches and might need some additional configuration on the firewall side, but in theory can it be done?  I would like your input on this.

Also, I would like to know if we would still be able to send other traffic like video, music etc over the secondary line if necessary.    

3 REPLIES 3
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Yes, you can do this. As you said create a VLAN on the MX, use that for the wireless users/SSID, and use the internet flow preferences under SDWAN page of the MX to match the source wifi user subnet and map it to your preferred uplink.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

>The executive would like the WI-Fi traffic separated from the network without buying  any additional hardware.

I guess it depends on what they mean by separation.  You might only require a second VLAN and SSID, and they could both use the same ISP.

Thanks for the confirming my thoughts. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels