Route Preference - AutoVPN vs Static Route

JimmyPhelan
Getting noticed

Route Preference - AutoVPN vs Static Route

This is a very bespoke and very strange request, but i have a client who is being difficult.

They have two locations that previously had a wireless point to point link. the two networks were joined on a Layer 2 level essentially. Poorly.

Since we inherited the client, we have not been given access to the wireless bridge (the phone guy owns them, and wont give them to us), so we have placed two MX67's in each building, and we removed the Wireless Bridge

The owner is upset. He wants his wireless bridge back in place

So, in my head, if i did something like created a transit vlan out of one the ports on each MX67, placed the wireless bridge connected to both of those, and created a static route...

In my head one of these routes has higher priority, according to Route_Priority it should be the Static Route

Anyone got any insight on this?

2 REPLIES 2
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Yes you can set a specific static route  to the next hop connected  on your lan port.  It will pefer that path .

JimmyPhelan
Getting noticed

Thank you for the response, im wondering if you or anyone has any thoughts on the setup. We dont want to do this, what we want is for the client to purchase two additional wan providers in each location and have full mesh autovpn.

The big ticket items for us are that we have no control of the wireless bridge.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels