Quickest way to update Hub Preference for Meraki Sites?

Solved
IntrovertEngg
Getting noticed

Quickest way to update Hub Preference for Meraki Sites?

Hi All,

I have migration coming in where I would need to introduce 2 Meraki devices as Hubs in existing organization for 50 sites. Which means all 50 sites have existing 1st and 2nd Hub and I will be adding 3rd and 4th Hub. I would really like to perform that change in one go, is it possible at all to do it quickly using template ( using template will bring any new problems?) or can CISCO TAC do it ? I have no API experience so not comfortable with it.

1 Accepted Solution
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You can indeed use configuration templates to manage multiple networks in your organization. But, there are some limitations when using templates with AutoVPN hubs, it is not possible to configure an MX as a spoke with an exit hub that is part of a template. This means that AutoVPN hubs should not be added to templates at all.

As for CISCO TAC, they will not remove/move devices on behalf of an organization administrator for security reasons.

Managing Multiple Networks with Configuration Templates - Cisco Meraki Documentation

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You can indeed use configuration templates to manage multiple networks in your organization. But, there are some limitations when using templates with AutoVPN hubs, it is not possible to configure an MX as a spoke with an exit hub that is part of a template. This means that AutoVPN hubs should not be added to templates at all.

As for CISCO TAC, they will not remove/move devices on behalf of an organization administrator for security reasons.

Managing Multiple Networks with Configuration Templates - Cisco Meraki Documentation

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
Badr-eddine
Getting noticed

Hello,

Could you try this solution, which might help you:

https://developer.cisco.com/codeexchange/github/repo/baadrdeen/Meraki_vpn_hub_updater

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

50 sites - I think I would just do this manually via the Dashboard GUI.  If you want to speed it up, just open 50 tabs already open to the correct page, make the changes on all tabs, and then when ready to "commit" just click "save" on each tab.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels