Publish Web Site with hostname

Solved
Vincent64
Conversationalist

Publish Web Site with hostname

Hello,

Is it possible publish Web sites of Web Server IIS when they are configured with hostnames?

When I access with URL of hostname (port 80) always open Web site by default of IIS (port 80).

Regards

1 Accepted Solution

this should work with a portforwarding from public port 80 to internal port 80. Or with a 1:1 NAT as you have it configured.

The hostname is not changed by the MX as it is part of the HTTP header.

What is the problem that you are facing.

Just to mention it, for this config you need split DNS. One DNS that resolves internal requests with the internal IP and one public DNS that resolves the public IP. You cannot use the public IP from internal network if you're behind the same MX as the Webserver.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
Markus
Here to help

I am not sure if I understand your question correctly.

If you are trying to publish an internal website with a different port then 80 over the MX to the internet with port 80, you can do it with portforwarding under firewall rules.

So point your external DNS to your MX IP and configure a portforwarding for your MX IP port 80 to your IIS with the specific port.

If you do it on the Meraki MX you can use port 80 only once, meaning you can have only one webserver / TCP port combination published with port 80.

If you have more then oine you need to use a reverse proxy or the like. The Meraki MX is not a reverse proxy.

Am I understanding your problem correctly?

Vincent64
Conversationalist

Exactly I have an internal Web Server with several web sites in port 80 with host header. I´ve configured 1:1 NAT and the idea was access via hostname from Internet at the same as from LAN.

Regards

this should work with a portforwarding from public port 80 to internal port 80. Or with a 1:1 NAT as you have it configured.

The hostname is not changed by the MX as it is part of the HTTP header.

What is the problem that you are facing.

Just to mention it, for this config you need split DNS. One DNS that resolves internal requests with the internal IP and one public DNS that resolves the public IP. You cannot use the public IP from internal network if you're behind the same MX as the Webserver.

Vincent64
Conversationalist

Oops ... the issue was an error at name of hostname at Binding of web site

When I reviewed from LAN I have detected it. It is working fine

Thanks Markus

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels