Public IP for Non Meraki VPN Site-to-Site Client

SOBC
Comes here often

Public IP for Non Meraki VPN Site-to-Site Client

The MX has a FQDN for DDNS purposes. Why wouldn't you think that a non Meraki device at the other end isn't using DDNS also? The box will only accept an IP address. It should also accept a FQDN.

4 Replies 4
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@SOBC Can you please take a screenshot of what you are trying to do, I'm a bit confused. 

He is probably talking about this one:

Greenberet_0-1613344691113.png

On the third party VPN settings the remote destination must be an IP address. DNS names are currently not possible.

So if the remote site has a dynamic IP address, you would have to change it every time manually/via script instead of using the dns service which gets updated automatically

@Greenberet  Ah gotcha, not sure why Meraki don't support FQDN however they must have their reasons. 

Most VPN clients I have dealt with these days support FQDN so I would have thought site to site with good DDNS would be fine. 

Greenberet had the correct picture. The Cisco Small Business routers do support FQDN, so I'm surprised that Meraki doesn't.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels