Prioritizing a VLAN to use a specified WAN uplink on my MX67W

Solved
KJR
Conversationalist

Prioritizing a VLAN to use a specified WAN uplink on my MX67W

Hey all, I'm new to managing Meraki products and the dashboard. I need assistance in configuring one of my VLANs to use the secondary uplink at all times but I'm not getting anywhere. Can someone please help me?

1 Accepted Solution
Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Navigate to "Security & SD-WAN" -> "SD-WAN & Traffic Shaping"

Under there, you can set an SD-WAN policy with a custom expression. Configure it with the source subnet of the VLAN and WAN 2 as the preferred uplink.

Note: If you have Enterprise or Advanced Security License, it will be labelled as "Flow Preferences"

See below link:
https://documentation.meraki.com/Architectures_and_Best_Practices/Cisco_Meraki_Best_Practice_Design/...

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Navigate to "Security & SD-WAN" -> "SD-WAN & Traffic Shaping"

Under there, you can set an SD-WAN policy with a custom expression. Configure it with the source subnet of the VLAN and WAN 2 as the preferred uplink.

Note: If you have Enterprise or Advanced Security License, it will be labelled as "Flow Preferences"

See below link:
https://documentation.meraki.com/Architectures_and_Best_Practices/Cisco_Meraki_Best_Practice_Design/...

KJR
Conversationalist

I do have Flow preferences, would the destination address be the google address?

Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If it's for all traffic, the destination should be "Any"
If there's specific destinations, you put the IP address (or subnet) of those destinations.

KJR
Conversationalist

Alright thanks, I'll try it tomorrow and let you know how it goes.

KJR
Conversationalist

So @Brash, what you recommended worked but now I'm presented with a new issue. Let me give you the full picture, I am getting internet and IPTV from my ISP, the firewall is not allowing the IPTV connection to the set top box for the TV, however internet works fine. When I check the ISP device settings the 2 VLANs come over the LAN port. So I decided to run 2 connections from the ISP device to have 2 uplinks, sending only the IPTV VLAN to the secondary connection on the secondary WAN port on the firewall and configure the flow preference like you recommended. The set top box gets picture and it only shows for like 3 minutes and goes blank. When I check the uplink for the secondary WAN it says failed and its down. So the problem is getting the secondary WAN uplink to remain active at all times so the TV don't go down. What can i do?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels