Primary uplink status change MX64 every 10-15 minutes

ManolisFr
Getting noticed

Primary uplink status change MX64 every 10-15 minutes

First of all

We had purchased Meraki on August 2018. In the beginning we had 2 simple ADSL Connections 24Mbps connected in it (bridge mode) 

On february 2019 we changed the one of the above with  a new VDSL Connection 200down/20up from a Greek Provider .

The provider of the VDSL Connection gave as a Technicolor DGA 4130 and i changed it to bridge mode

Till June we had no problems with the load balancing.

After lot of disconnections on June i changed the technicolor with a TP LINK 9970 modem router in bridge mode and the problems disappeared..!!!

But..The provider didn't found problem on our telephone line and on Technicolor.. so i setup again technicolor which worked fine till yesterday..

Yesterday i made a firmware update on Meraki ( MX 14.40 ) and the problems appeared again. Till yesterday evening had this event every 5,10 or 15 minutes 

I didn't came back to tp link because it has no sip port for the telephone line (fax) but i am planning to do it tomorrow

6 REPLIES 6
SoCalRacer
Kind of a big deal

Can you possibly roll back the firmware upgrade and check if you see the same thing?

How can i do it?

Edit

I done it. I will check if the problem remains

I roll back the firmware and i had already one disconnection

Till yesterday (before upgrade to the last version) i had

The 200Mbps/20mbps connection to internet port (which is 1Gbit) and 

The 24Mbps/1Mbps connection to Lan4/wan port

But i changed the ports. 

I wonder if the problem appears because the VDSL 200Mbps is on a 100Mbit port and creates bottleneck? ...

Or

I have the VDSL Connection which is static to PPPOE DHCP Mode on Uplink Configuration..Maybe i must set it to static mode?

Are you NATing anything into your site? If not, perhaps try not using bridge mode.

The VDSL Connection is static. I have a port forwarding rule which allow an external wan ip to have access to my sql for downloading orders from our b2b site

It's 9:00 am now in Greece. I had the last disconnection before 4 hours . It seems to be ok now with the Technicolor modem but...

Why not using bridge mode? How can i make the load balancing?

Till now (from 05:00am this morning) i had 5 disconnections/reconnections.

So i changed the technicolor modem router with a tp-link we have for backup reasons, and i have no disconnections again.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels