Prevent locally connected users from connecting to Meraki Client VPN

e39_540i
Getting noticed

Prevent locally connected users from connecting to Meraki Client VPN

This is probably a very very basic question but I need some clarity. We have corporate office networks across the US and users connect to them via the Meraki Client VPN. When they come into the office, we obviously don't need them to connect to the VPN at that time.

What is the correct way to configure the MX to block or prevent users from connecting to the VPN when they are connected to the local network?

3 Replies 3
Dipen
Getting noticed

I mean you don't need to use VPN right so why don't you disable windows in built VPN by GPO ? 

Excuse me if i said something wrong or misunderstood something

e39_540i
Getting noticed

They still need to connect to the VPN when they work from home. I think you may have misunderstood my question.

Users will work from home a majority of the time. Occasionally, they will come into the office and connect either via ethernet or wireless. At that time, we don't need them to use the Meraki Client VPN. Hope that clears things up. 

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@e39_540i does it actually allow them to connect when they are behind the MX, or is the MX in one armed concentrator mode?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels