Port forwarding/NAT

SOLVED
nbk
Here to help

Port forwarding/NAT

I am very new to the Meraki Ecosystem so please bear with me if this may look all very basic. I am trying to NAT/ port forward one of the public IPs i was given by my ISP (138.63.178.0/24) to one of the database on the LAN (192.168.1.74) to access Http(s) and SSH ports (22,80,443). This so to have access remotely to the server

I have tried all the permutation the documentation overs I am still not able to get to it.

Thanks Brian

@WadeAlsup 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BrechtSchamp
Kind of a big deal

Port forwarding uses the WAN ip of the MX itself. If you want to use a different IP given by the provider use 1to1 mapping and close the firewall except for the ports you need.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
BrechtSchamp
Kind of a big deal

Port forwarding uses the WAN ip of the MX itself. If you want to use a different IP given by the provider use 1to1 mapping and close the firewall except for the ports you need.

Thanks @BrechtSchamp 

I needed to explore the 1:1 Nat but need more clarification on "close the firewall except for the ports "

BrechtSchamp
Kind of a big deal

Check this page. It goes in pretty deep. Let me know if anything is unclear still after checking it.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/NAT_and_Port_Forwarding/Configuring_1%3A1_NAT

@BrechtSchamp ...it is pretty deep for sure and enabled me totally understand what I wanted to know about NAT 1:1

Thanks for sorting me out

BrechtSchamp
Kind of a big deal

You're welcome :).

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels