Packet loss with MX67 deployed with Netgear V7610

Mark-AU
Comes here often

Packet loss with MX67 deployed with Netgear V7610

Hi

At a number of our branch locations we have deployed Meraki MX67 with NBN connection terminating in a Netgear V7610. The Internet 1 port of the MX67 is connected to the V7610, which provides Internet connectivity.

At a number of our branch sites, we are having staff report issues with regular VoIP and internet drop-outs. Uplink monitoring on the MX shows the same issues, with extensive packet loss to 8.8.8.8 every 5 - 10 minutes (it’s a pattern) 

I won't at this point go into the lengthy troubleshooting that has been performed in an attempt to diagnose the issue.

The purpose of this post is simply to reach out to the Meraki Community members in Australia to see if anyone out there has deployed Meraki MX (of any variant) behind a Netgear V7610, who would be willing to share their experience directly. If so, please direct message me.

Note: I'm not after any technical advice on possible solutions to the problem or recommendations of "you should replace XYZ with ABC", just looking for anyone with a similar infrastructure deployment who would be willing to share their experiences.

Thanks

4 Replies 4
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

What MX version are you running?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

I know you are not after any technical advice on a possible solution, but maybe the MX version is your problem.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

The MX is running v16.16.4. When the Netgear V7610 is replaced with another device, the issue goes away. 

Based on the testing that has been performed, the issue appears to only present with the Netgear V7610 deployed in front of the MX67C, so the issue appears to result from an interaction between the MX67 and the Netgear V7610. 

We have other sites with the MX67 and V7610 deployed where the issue does not appear to be occurring. However the traffic profile/volume at many of the sites where the issue is not being reported is quite different to the sites where it is.  

This does not appear to be a bandwidth/contention issue as the issue occurs every 5-10 minutes (its a pattern) even when the Internet link is under subscribed. 

My view is that this needs to be debugged and diagnosed from the Netgear V7610, however Meraki Support will be performing some debugging/packet captures soon when we re-instate the V7610 for a period of time to reproduce the issue. 

MerakiTraining
Comes here often

@Mark-AU - Were you able to fix the issue. We are also experiencing same issue. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels