Packet Loss to Core

KevinRuizM
Conversationalist

Packet Loss to Core

We are experiencing packet loss to the IP WAN of our Core Meraki, the internet connection it's working fine, the strange it’s that we have our Meraki Core in HA and if we ping the secondary device there is no packet loss to the IP WAN, before this devices it is our ISP CPE where they bring us the IP Segment and there is another wan interface where is no loss, the only device that is losing packets it is the primary core, it is a very strange behavior. The other devices of our peers are working fine with the connection to the Core.

In this device we have two internet connections from 2 different ISP and the connection to Internet is fine, the problem is only with the Core Meraki Primary.

There are no changes in topology or infraestructure. The versión of our MX67 (peer) and MX250 (core) are MX 18.107. The problem began a few days ago, we have almost 3 years with the same equipment (core and peers) and this is the first time i ve seen something like this, this is different from the problems of our ISP's when there are packet loss/degradation on the Internet links.

We tried rebooting devices, turning off/on vpn, change wan links.

Here are the graphics of our device to IP WAN Secondary.

Core Meraki Secondary.PNG

IP WAN Primary

Core Meraki Primary.PNG

Connection to internet

Internet connections.PNG

Thanks for the help, if i can bring more information please let me know.

5 Replies 5
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Did this problem start after the MX upgrade? I suggest you open a support case.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Hello, 

Maybe, the only change recently was 4 weeks ago when our MX upgrade their version, we have +60 peers, and they are working fine now. Is there any report from this version of instability or performance issues?

I will open a case, i hope it is an isolated problem in this device.

Thank you.

You can read the release notes about this version.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

This sounds like it might be a non-issue - as it is not causing any issues.  It might not be affecting any other than this ping traffic.  It might be the test itself which has an issue.

The interface you are pinging - does the thing it is plugged into (probably a switch) show anything interesting in the log for the port concerned?

Hello Philip,

It is caussing slow performance on the corporative apps that use the connection to our data center, because of this packet loss to the wan interface so does the connection to the core, pings from the devices on the site show packet loss to the core, the apps that travels to Internet works fine.

I erased the hub with this problem, a couple hours later i register it again and then it now normal, made some test from the internal devices and it looks good.

KevinRuizM_0-1684708743705.png

I checked the logs from the port that connects to the MX250 but there is no anormal behaviour.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels