PC can't reach certain websites while connected to MX device

ds154
Comes here often

PC can't reach certain websites while connected to MX device

Hopefully posting this in the right spot but for months I have encountered this issue where anytime the users are connected to our wifi on the MX68W device they cannot access certain websites. It errors out and then says "connection reset" or something along those lines. When the user clears their Chrome or Edge cache they can access the website for about 10 seconds before it happens again. If they are on the schools guest wifi and not our wifi they can access the site without any issues. We have nothing blocking these websites and tested that they are accessible from both our main office and other locations with our internet. Zoom also has this issue at this one location where the website and app do not work. 

Our MX device is connected through the schools network directly out to the internet with no blocks and has a VPN tunnel back to our main office. Out of 60 sites we have running without issues, this one location is giving us a problem. 

Anyone encounter this issue before? 

6 Replies 6
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Do you have any content filters configured?

https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/Content_Filtering_and_Threat_Protection/Content_Filtering

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

No content filters on any of our 60 locations. I tried allowing these websites on the content filter to this specific MX with no change. I also tried adding a VPN exclusion rule for Zoom and the websites but it also did not work. 

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

How about  threat protection?

https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/Content_Filtering_and_Threat_Protection/Threat_Protection

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

There is no threat protection enabled on any of our MX devices.

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Are you sure you don't have any settings? Not even an L7 firewall?

Because I use an MX67w at home and I don't have any problems related to accessing websites, but I do have content filtering enabled.

pingfisher
Comes here often

did you find out what this issue was with this? we are seeing similar problems with certain sites.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels