On an MX under Uplink/Live data Graph headers don't make sense

Solved
---Jim---
Conversationalist

On an MX under Uplink/Live data Graph headers don't make sense

If we have only 1 internet ISP, The "Live data" graph says "Uplink traffic" on left side of the graph, but on the right it says [  ] Total  [  ] Download. Is this a misprint?   

Where we have 2 ISP's, left still says "Uplink traffic", the right side says "[  ] WAN1    [  ] WAN 2"   -  so no mention of the "Download" 

Please tell me how I am looking at this wrong?

Thx

1 Accepted Solution
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@---Jim--- it works fine on our MXs running 15.x, see below a public internet connection that is nearly all download, the lines only diverge noticeably for a moment when there was a brief upload spike by the green arrow:

cmr_0-1603812359548.png

Totally what I'd expect for that kind of user base.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I see the same thing.

The numbers in each case look accurate to me.

Thx for the reply.  It does look like a stacked graph but a few things odd:

1) It says Upload on one side and download on the other.  But as the 2 lines follow each other, it can't be both.

2) If it was just the same graph repeated, they should be exactly on top of each other, but one is slightly less than the other (in 4 out of 4 example sites I have looked at). So is it just a glitch, or is on graph showing, I don't know say download minus management overhead or something?

GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Yeah it's a strange brain knot someone had when designing the GUI.

It would make more sense to have an upstream diagram and a downstream diagram.

What we have here is downstream traffic and total traffic.  So if you squint you can subtract download from total and get the upstream traffic.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@GIdenJoe exactly that, it is a stacked line chart where upload is stacked over download giving total.  I do agree that when you have two WANs you lose that, is just a bit dumb.

Not really, our upload and down loads vary greatly, these stay in lock step so can't be upload and down load.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@---Jim--- it works fine on our MXs running 15.x, see below a public internet connection that is nearly all download, the lines only diverge noticeably for a moment when there was a brief upload spike by the green arrow:

cmr_0-1603812359548.png

Totally what I'd expect for that kind of user base.

---Jim---
Conversationalist

I concede that it is as you say just the upload stacked on thee download. Still seems odd that you only get that if you have only one uplink, but if your site is important enough to need a redundant link then you don't get download.

Thanks

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels