Office365/Azure User accounts as MX users?

ZOOR
Here to help

Office365/Azure User accounts as MX users?

Anyway to link office365 user accounts to the MX so people can login with that rather than have to create local users in the MX for things like VPN?

17 REPLIES 17
CptnCrnch
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Host your AD in Azure and use NPS on premises as RADIUS server used by your MX.

For sure, there are ways to use on-prem radius solutions linked to O365, was hoping more for direct integration.

CptnCrnch
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Looking at https://community.meraki.com/t5/Security-SD-WAN/Client-VPN-and-Azure-AD/td-p/47689 you could also sync your on-prem AD with Azure and have your MX hit that.

Other than that, I‘m not aware of other solutions or more direct integrations.

No on-prem AD, unfortunately.

Shawqy
Getting noticed

There are authentication methods available like RADIUS and AD Login. Please try to add Azure AD there.
Else, try to configure an NPS server and integrate it with this.

That would require an Azure AD subscription though correct?  Or can we leverage the basic service included with Office 365?

Shawqy
Getting noticed

Correct, it requires an Azure AD subscription. 
If you don't have one, try to integrate the O365 with Radius Server.

I don't have an idea, how to integrate O365 with a Radius Server with but hope it is possible. 

Thanks, I only see the following when I choose AD so it seems like it's only able to accept a local AD server.  Since we don't have a local AD or radius server I'm hoping to avoid adding one.

Screen Shot 2020-04-07 at 2.19.25 PM.png

Shawqy
Getting noticed

Welcome,

I haven't integrated an Azure AD with Meraki but I have integrated a couple of Azure Radius Servers (NPS) with Meraki and it works.

Did you follow any particular guide to set this up?

Shawqy
Getting noticed

No Sorry. I got support from CX - AD Team, who is responsible for it.

More or less as of now Office 365 has become  Microsoft 365 (with more Azure features) so do your research. Licences have been changed.

A lightweight affordable vMXzz is overdue, please (@MerakiDave  )

Robin St.Clair | Principal, Caithness Analytics | @uberseehandel

What is the relevance of a name change, doesn't change the question I asked.

Uberseehandel
Kind of a big deal

@ZOOR wrote:

What is the relevance of a name change, doesn't change the question I asked.

read the small print . . . 

Robin St.Clair | Principal, Caithness Analytics | @uberseehandel

Still no helpful.  The name of the product does not answer my question.  If you can't be helpful don't bother.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

>Anyway to link office365 user accounts to the MX so people can login with that rather than have to create local users in the MX for things like VPN?

If you have Active Directory syncing to Azure AD - yes.

If you are using pure Azure AD - no.

There are third party solutions like JumpCloud, but they use an ugly work around.

JimmyPhelan
Getting noticed

Not to blow the Cisco horn here but linking Duo to your AzureAD might be another solution to this, and it may address other organizatinoal MFA items as well.

We have had issues with VPN and MFA when it was "pure" NPS on a windows server. Using Duo as the provider worked really well for Meraki VPN, and it liked nicely to the identities

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels