Non Meraki site to site vpn with Mikrotk router

Marcin471
Conversationalist

Non Meraki site to site vpn with Mikrotk router

Hi,

We recently replaced in our branch office our old Cisco router with Meraki MX appliance and I'm struggling with establishing non-meraki site to site VPN.

- I managed to establish a connection between devices, but I'm struggling with a traffic itself. Do I need additional firewall rules to direct traffic to the main site?

- How can I configure a failover VPN? Will creating a secondary GRE tunnel on a Mikrotik with WAN2 details be sufficient?

VPN tunnel worked with Cisco 880 series router without issues.

Regards,

Marcin

4 Replies 4
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Non-Meraki site to site VPNs have no failover support on the Meraki side.  If the remote device(s) have the ability to have a primary and backup peer ID then you should be fine.

> Do I need additional firewall rules to direct traffic to the main site?

No.  If the traffic matches the encryption domain it will go over the VPN.

Hi,

Unfortunately it doesn't work. Tunnel is established correctly, but traffic is not coming through. Below report from Mikrotik router.

Capture1.PNG

Untitled.png

When trying to ping or access a device on a branch internal network, I've got a timeout. Below a screenshot of a ping attempt through a tunnel.

Capture.PNG

Regards,

Marcin

Hi,

Got it up and running. Misconfigured peer settings on Mikrotik router.

Cheers,

Marcin

Marcin471
Conversationalist

Hi kurdzop,

> i have also faced same problem last week

Did you managed to establish a tunnel at the end?

Regards,

Marcin

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels