News in MX : network objects and subinterfaces ?

SOLVED
Mr-cook
Here to help

News in MX : network objects and subinterfaces ?

Hi

I heard that new version of meraki MX supports network Objects.

If so where can I activate it please ? and starting from what version can we have it ?

And is there any news about sub-interfaces support ?

thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

Firewall Objects is not yet Public Beta. It currently an internal Beta. We are currently putting finishing touches to the feature and working on documentation before roll out. The feature will be public beta before or latest January 2020.

-Meraki Employee from thread below-

https://community.meraki.com/t5/Security-SD-WAN/Firewall-Objects/td-p/63980

Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

Firewall Objects is not yet Public Beta. It currently an internal Beta. We are currently putting finishing touches to the feature and working on documentation before roll out. The feature will be public beta before or latest January 2020.

-Meraki Employee from thread below-

https://community.meraki.com/t5/Security-SD-WAN/Firewall-Objects/td-p/63980

Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn

Nolan,

Will the Network Objects be limited to only Access Rules? I am dying for it to be available in the port forwarding rules section too. Have a large number of inbound client connections that I need to allow ideally based on FQDN.

Thanks,

Warren

jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

No news on sub interfaces as far as I know. I've never even heard that talked about as a possibility. 

CptnCrnch
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

From what I heard, the feature should now be available and can be activated when you open a support case for it.

At least I opened such a case earlier today and pretty curious if it'll be fulfilled. Will keep you posted.

CptnCrnch
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Looks like Firewall objects are still in closed beta. At least my ticket was rejected because of that.

Great news for you all!

• We just got into the closed beta today (less great for YOU, but good for ME)
  • Network objects will be release to public beta in about two weeks (more great for YOU 😀)

That's what the Meraki guys told me a few minutes ago when they onboarded us to the closed beta!

thanks for sharing the info @theshmike  😄

WarrenG
Getting noticed

Looks like this can be enabled now under Organization > Network Objects

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels