New to Meraki, Client VPN authentication

tantony
Head in the Cloud

New to Meraki, Client VPN authentication

I'm able to connect to Client VPN using Meraki Cloud authentication, but I want to use Active Directory authentication.  I have a green check mark next to my Active Directory authentication page.

I called Meraki support, but so far no updates.  I'm using Windows 10 VPN to connect.

Even if i connect using Meraki cloud authentication, I get the correct 192.168.50.x address, but my subnet mask is 255.255.255.255, and my default gateway is 0.0.0.0

I'm using a trial Meraki, but if I can't connect to VPN, this doesn't help me.

Capture.JPG

5 REPLIES 5
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

When you have Active Directory authentication selected - what error do you get when you try to login?

The subnet mask and gateway are correct for a cleint VPN connection.

I'm trying this from my iPhone.  My iPhone is not on the same public IP as the MX

If I try with username = Authentication failed

If I try with domainname\username = Authentication failed

I know I'm typing in the correct username and password.

The only way I can connect to VPN now is if I use the Meraki cloud authentication.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

What does the security log in the event viewer on the AD controller say about the login?

I don't have any error messages, just a bunch of 'Audit Success', I assume that's normal.  

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Have you tried logging in using your UPN?  e,g.

username@domain.local

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels