New MS250 Issues with DNS

MerakiJason
Here to help

New MS250 Issues with DNS

I have had multiple Meraki Networks for a number of years but I recently got and MX250 for a larger site. First MX250. I'm having all kinds of issues that seem to be related to DNS and in addition the Appliance just goes off line for no reason even though you can still access and configure switches attached to the MX250 while its in this state so the internet connections fine. Got it hooked directly to a DIA Ethernet circuit. In addition to the MX250 going off line randomly, I get a DNS misconfigured message that cycles through the 5 switches attached. Clients on the network cannot resolve DNS requests but can get to the internet. Using google DNS at this point.

My first one would just not connect back to the cloud so they send me a replacement. Replacement is doing the same thing a week later and they are sending me another replacement. This seems like a software bug and a bad one at that. Running MX16.16. No one has actually identified it as a bug so I'm hoping someone else is having these problems who can offer some advice.

5 Replies 5
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Our MX250s are running 16.15 so you could ask support to try that.  We use Cisco GLC-T in the WAN ports, what are you using?

I just noticed 17.6 is available as a Stable Candidate so I'll push that now and see what happens. I don't recall what SFP I have in the WAN interface but its a 10GB Optical SM/MM SFP. Its an "official" Meraki SFP though

Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Are you doing AutoVPN on the MX?

No VPN at all.

MerakiJason
Here to help

16.16 proved to be extremely unstable for us on an MX250. Also had the same problems with 17.6 and I believe 16.5? Constant disconnects from the cloud. Would completely go out to lunch and have to be factory reset. We are finally stable after support locked us back to 15.44. I've been through 3 new RMA MX250s and done countless factory resets. What a mess. I have a bunch of MX65 and MX68 running 16x and they work fine but no way on earth I'd load this on a 250 after the last 3 weeks of problems I've been dealing with.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels