Network Performance Monitoring on MX64

js7
Here to help

Network Performance Monitoring on MX64

Is there any way I can investigate and or dig deeper into what might be causing the slow network performance? What I mean is, I changed some settings on the mx64 firewall, and basically I eliminated the network concerning my security cameras. What I noticed was when I pulled a webpage, that it loaded faster. So just wondering if there is some documents pertaining to increasing network performance for the mx64 especially since it is serving the DHCP for the various vlans.

7 REPLIES 7
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@js7 you can look at the network summary report for load before and after.  If you need more details then the CPU load is available by contacting support.

js7
Here to help

I went to Meraki Dashboard > Organization > Summary Report

But it says view failed to load??

js7
Here to help

I just checked again, and now it is working. However, look at the snapshot... why all that usage? It is my cameras.

1.PNG

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Are they either being viewed remotely or storing the video data in the cloud?  A basic camera stream is 2Mbps

js7
Here to help

They are not being view remotely. If they are, it would be only when we open the app on our phone. It’s not viewable remotely. And the NVR is storing the data on the NVR locally. Not in cloud. I do know the camera is set to continuously record meaning it doesn’t record only event or motion, but 24/7.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Apologies, internal traffic is included.  If the cameras and NVR are not directly connected to the MX, nor the traffic routed through it, then at the top left choose the appliance network instead of entire organisation to see the MX only traffic.

js7
Here to help

Thanks, let me follow up next week. I’ve ordered a MR, and I’ll have some cameras connecting wireless. And some cameras connecting hard wire. But the hard wire cameras will actually be plugging directly into the NVR. And just 1 network cable from NVR to a MS switch. Is it possible to segment all of the camera traffic from the other wired and wireless traffic? Perhaps then I can then look again at summary report. I’m wanting to completely separate the camera traffic from the rest of the network because of security concerns.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels