Need an equivalent modem to Huawei EchoLife HG612 for ADSL internet

JohnCassell
New here

Need an equivalent modem to Huawei EchoLife HG612 for ADSL internet

Hi, we are rolling out Meraki MX65W-HW and we have finally been able to get it connected to our fibre broadband using an HG612 and also a BT Openreach 061513 modem. Most of our sites are now fibre but we have 2 that are still ADSL. I've tried these modems on our ADSL connections and they just don't pick up the line. Would anyone happen to know if there is an ADSL equivalent to these modems? I have seen the Draytek Vigor 130s but if I could get away with it, I'd like to just buy some of these cheap BT/Huaewi type models (£10-£20) and then I can probably have 2 of them at each site for backup purposes.

2 Replies 2
dalmiroy2k
Getting noticed

I have tried Cisco 887VA with both ADSL and VDSL modes and it works great alongside Meraki MX 64.

When using SOHO Huawei and ZTE ADSL modems, my client refused to use bridge mode, so in that case I had to disable their onboard firewalls/WIFI and set DMZ to Meraki DHCP-obtained WAN IP, so Auto-VPN would be green-lighted.

It would be nice if MX had PPPoE dial-up support in the Uplink dashboard, for either WAN1 o WAN2.

Uberseehandel
Kind of a big deal

"It seemed like a good idea at the time"

Robin St.Clair | Principal, Caithness Analytics | @uberseehandel
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels