Need a help with setting up MX devices across different network.

Dipen
Getting noticed

Need a help with setting up MX devices across different network.

Hey everyone i was hoping if anyone could help me! We just bought 4 x MX 64 and trying to configure them properly.

So far we manage to get them, however our current network has pfsense and vpls tunnel configured. Now i set VLAN on one of the device with the same gateway settings that are on our pfsense it works all of our computers are now visible on meraki but we do have file server and AD on separate network i.e( 172.168.2.xx) network and our computers are on (172.168.8.xx) network. We are unable to access drives on file server, so far we set firewall rules to pass any networks but that didn't work. 

Please help us!

6 REPLIES 6
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Dipen have you changed the MX from single VLAN mode to VLANs mode?  You can then set up an interface for each VLAN and it will route between them.  Just to be clear, you are replacing the pfsense device with the MX?

Dipen
Getting noticed

@cmr Thanks for replying back and yes i switched to VLANS mode. 

If you be kind enough can you guide me how to set up interface? 

I am sitting at 172.168.2.xx network that is where my servers are and my computers are on .8.xx network. 

And yes i am replacing pfsense with MX. Do you have any advice on how to start migrating from pfsense to meraki?

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Dipen under Security & SD-WAN / Addressing and VLANs simply press Add VLAN and choose settings like below, but reflecting your network.  The MX IP in each VLAN should be the default gateway that hosts in that VLAN are pointing to:

Screenshot_20211019-234149_Chrome.jpg

Dipen
Getting noticed

I tried including 172.168.2.xx network on MX and now i can ping our file server but sadly cannot access drives.

Dipen
Getting noticed

@cmr Do i have to configure VPLS on MX because we do have a VPLS on Pfsense but i guess it shouldn't matter after removing out all wires from pfsense.

Inderdeep
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Dipen : Check this out 

https://community.meraki.com/t5/Security-SD-WAN/Meraki-and-VPLS/td-p/105337

Regards/Inder
Cisco IT Blogs awarded in 2020 & 2021
www.thenetworkdna.com
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels