NAT-T Override from Template

WTCdwclark
Comes here often

NAT-T Override from Template

We are using Meraki Templates to control all of our network configurations. We have the need for a few of those sites to have manual NAT-T overrides due to upstream firewalls not supporting automatic configuration. On a standalone network, you can configure it on the individual MX, but when it's part of a template, you can only do it at the template level, which doesn't make much sense. I dont want to use the same port-forwarding config for ALL of my networks, just the handful that need it, and even then I dont want to use the same port-fowarding configuration on them all.

Seems like it should be a network config/override and not a template config.

I Googled and only found the one thread for a few years back that didnt have much info. Has anyone had any luck with a solution for this?

MX Template NAT Traversal - The Meraki Community

2 Replies 2
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I suggest you open a support case.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

It might not address your need, but in the template you can use 0.0.0.0 and a port and it will use whatever each MX has as its WAN IP and then the configured port you entered.

If you need more overrides than that your only option is to not use templates.

Ryan / Meraki Solutions Engineer

If you found this post helpful, please give it Kudos. If my answer solves your problem please click Accept as Solution so others can benefit from it.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels