Multiple Lan on MX100

adgarciag
New here

Multiple Lan on MX100

Hi, I have a conection to my LAN 10.178.5.x but now I want to conect to another lan 172.16.0.x

Can meraki do muliple LAN Nat? my setup is:

2960 -- MX100 (10.178.5.245) - Internet ()

The MX100 is my gateway and is in the same network lan A

2960 has 2

*LAN A: 10.178.5.x (This has internet)

*LAN B:172.16.0.x (This hasn't )

Now I want both vlan with internet conection but I don't know how. I think I can do it with vlans in 2960 but I don't know how to configure mx100

Thks for your colaboration.

on meraki i have LAN port configured as trunk to 2960 with subnet X as the native vlan.  also added static route on MX for each of subnet Y, Z etc with next-hop of 2960 X subnet ip

1 Reply 1
jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

If I understand correctly you'll need to create more VLANs on the MX. You need to first enable VLAN mode under Security & SD-WAN > Addressings & VLANs on the MX. 

https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/Networks_and_Routing/Configuring_VLANs_on_the_MX_Security_Applia...

You'll also want to make sure that the link between the MX and the 2960 is a trunk allowing multiple VLANs on it. 

You should decide where you want your default gateways too. I would suggest you put them all on the MX, or all on the 2960. Do not split them between both devices as that makes your network more complicated than it needs to be. 

If the gateways are on the 2960 you'll need routes on the MX pointing to the 2960 for both VLANs. If the gateways are all on the MX then you do not need any static routes at all.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels