Moved Vlans from switch to FW - now they dont work

Bred_85
Conversationalist

Moved Vlans from switch to FW - now they dont work

Hello,

I have a MX FW which only had one vlan on it. It as connected to a Meraki switch, which had all the vlans configured on it. As part of a security audit I was told to move the vlans to the FW. 

I have now moved the vlans to the FW. I allowed 'all' vlans on the trunk hich has a native vlan 200. The two ends of the trunk have IPs so it acts like a layer 3 device, in that there is a default route on the switch which points to the FW end of the trunk. The FW has no routes other than local subnets that it detected itself. 

I am connected to a port on the switch - I have picked up a DHCP IP in the correct vlan but I get no internet on my laptop now and I cant ping the DG despite the FW being wide open rule wise. 

What am I missing? Is it better to just have the subnet configured on the switch and point everything else to the FW as before? 

Thanks in advance

1 Reply 1
Bred_85
Conversationalist

I figured it out - the switch moved its own uplink when I bounced the MX so it was blackholing the traffic

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels