Morning report of connected devices that day for anyconnect

Solved
mrjelly
Here to help

Morning report of connected devices that day for anyconnect

Hello, I have an Azure SD-Wan device that is the point at which clients connect using AnyConnect.

I would like to get an email report showing what clients are connected as of that day in the morning to see clients have connected successfully.

Is this possible?

thank you

1 Accepted Solution
Frank-NL
Getting noticed

Hi,

What you can do is configure a network alert in the Meraki Dashboard which sends out an alert email when one of the specific clients connects/disconnects from the Lan (this also works for VPN Lan clients). The VPN clients need to be connected at least once before you can select them of course.

Go to Network wide -> Alerts -> WAN appliance. Select the VPN client hostname or MAC address, and fill in the desired email address in the recipients:

FrankNL_0-1703770575247.png

This will keep you updated on all client VPN user/device activity through emails. For a real report you will need to add external tooling/application to poll the Dashboard through API or to receive certain alerts, and create some kind of report based on these. Another way would be to collect the syslog on a seperate server and create the report there with tooling/scripting.

Cheers

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Frank-NL
Getting noticed

Hi,

What you can do is configure a network alert in the Meraki Dashboard which sends out an alert email when one of the specific clients connects/disconnects from the Lan (this also works for VPN Lan clients). The VPN clients need to be connected at least once before you can select them of course.

Go to Network wide -> Alerts -> WAN appliance. Select the VPN client hostname or MAC address, and fill in the desired email address in the recipients:

FrankNL_0-1703770575247.png

This will keep you updated on all client VPN user/device activity through emails. For a real report you will need to add external tooling/application to poll the Dashboard through API or to receive certain alerts, and create some kind of report based on these. Another way would be to collect the syslog on a seperate server and create the report there with tooling/scripting.

Cheers

mrjelly
Here to help

Thanks yes I did see that alerts but wasn't sure if LAN counted as vpn client.

Ok that is fine, I'll see if I can either do all clients or pick a regular user to save going in unless they are off.

And then the API option as a potential too,

thank you for your help.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels