Monitoring MX from Solarwind

LeAnts
Here to help

Monitoring MX from Solarwind

Hi All,

as a MSP, we use Solarwinds to monitor client environments for device uptime etc..

I know this post is quite old.. but is it still applicable?

https://community.meraki.com/t5/Security-SD-WAN/Monitoring-MX-with-3rd-party-tools-such-as-Solarwind...

so option might be to use API but does not look like it will allow me to monitor much anyways, and provides access to the org rather than a specific device it seems..

i guess other options would be to allow icmp to the WAN interface from our snmp public poller. very basic but something at least.

OR configure the dashboard to send alerts to a valid email that we can then create orchestration/playbooks to integrate into our ticketing system.

thanks in adv

2 Replies 2
ShaunB93
Conversationalist

Monitoring an MX in solarwinds via SNMP gives very basic level information such that I can't see the worth. 
We monitor each MX WAN in Solarwinds via ICMP (to know when a WAN is up or down) and use the Meraki Dashboard for all other monitoring and statistics. 
I have also had success with sending Meraki alerts to Webhook listeners for then ingesting into ticketing system / automation. 

LeAnts
Here to help

Thanks Shaun. yeah did the ICMP in the end.. very limited on the meraki unfortunately.

Also trying to have meraki send alerts to our soar automation using playbooks to ingest tickets into our backend ticketing system.. but unable to separate security events from the WAN appliance with normal switch/wireless events on meraki side, which means more playbook customization 😞

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.