Mix Mx licenses in one organize.

Narinthorn
Comes here often

Mix Mx licenses in one organize.

I read in your document. said that they cannot mix licenses in the same organization. I came to check in my organization. It was found that there was a mix of licenses. So, I'm wondering if this will be a problem. And if I want to buy new MX, what kind of licenses do I need to purchase?

MX license.jpg

5 Replies 5
Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

What is your current MX Product Edition in Organization -> License Info?

Do you know if the licensing in your organisation has been upgraded or downgraded via Meraki Support?

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Where did you read this? It doesn't make any sense.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Licensing/Meraki_Per-Device_Licensing_Overvi...

I remember  meraki was talking about making mixing possible in the future. It seems like its already possible(for pdl).. maybe verify @ support.

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I have never heard about that, I have organizations mixing MX and Meraki has never advised us about it. It does not make any sense to me.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

What was the most recent MX license you added? Once you have any Adv Sec or SDWAN licenses it should not allow adding any further Ent licenses as the Org has been moved up past that level.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels