Minimum uplink speed

cavementech
Here to help

Minimum uplink speed

I have a z3 added to the dashboard, configured and updated on my office. Works solid. When I go to deploy it in the field, the internet speed is very weak. What is the minimum internet speed required for the speed test to pass it's test and allow a connection to the cloud?

6 REPLIES 6
GreenMan
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

To my knowledge speed / available bandwidth in itself is not a metric for uplink viability.   If there is sufficient packet loss or latency to affect the other monitored variables, that might be a different matter.   The monitored things are documented here:  https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/Firewall_and_Traffic_Shaping/Connection_Monitoring_for_WAN_Failo...

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

What version are you running? 17.10.1? If yes downgrade It to version 16.16.6.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

What will the downgrade do to help? Are there more restrictions in 17? Well 18 resolve the issue?

We have another discussion opening, same issue with version 17.10.1 and 17.10.2. We have opened a support case but with no response yet.

I also tested both versions.

Downgrade for version 16.16.6

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Version 17.10.1 is no longer among the stable versions.

alemabrahao_0-1667582359133.png

I'll give it a try thank you!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels