Microsoft Lync / Skype for Business QoS -Meraki Setup

Senan_Rogers
Getting noticed

Microsoft Lync / Skype for Business QoS -Meraki Setup

Hello Gents ,

I have to set up QoS and rule to controle traffic  for Microsoft Lync / Skype for Business in MX 64W.  I would like to give Priority for Microsoft Lync / Skype for Business and I have some difficulties to choose what DSCP Tag i need to choose for this Service and Give it Priority. 

Some Meraki Document mentions to  Set PCP to '6'.  &  Set DSCP to '6 (WMM Voice)'  But this is not shown in my Rule traffic in MX anymore and there is some other values. 

https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Deployment_Guides/Wireless_Voice_Deployment_Guide_(CVD) 

What is the best Value and Practice to set up such thing in MX ? 

Any Advice, please. 

5 REPLIES 5
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The built in access points are not as capable as the standalone access points.  The guide you are referring to is based on the more capable stand alone access points, which is why it refers to some extra options.

In your case, I would mark the traffic as class 46 (EF - Expedited Forwarding).

Hello Philip,
Thank you for your reply, I did not get what you mean about "The built-in access points are not as capable as the standalone access points"

My other comment will be, for Microsoft Lync / Skype for Business is it Better to apply the rule to the MX or to the MR. In that connection/ Scenario, I have both MR 42 and MX 65. which one will be preferred or recommend one to apply the Rule on it? Firewall section in MX OR firewall section in MR?

Thank you

You said you had an MX64W which has an integrated access point.

If you follow the guide, the rules are applied across both devices (MX and MR).

Follow-up question- is that the only real settings we need to establish for VoIP QoS? All we need is to set up that traffic rule?

Yes.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels