Meraki device lost connectivity to cloud

Juve1308
Conversationalist

Meraki device lost connectivity to cloud

Hello,

question about behavior when Meraki device lost connectivity to cloud. 

I know that when device lost connectivity to the dashboard it will store the data \ information locally and once connectivity is restored, it will sync it back to the dashboard (Please correct if this is not right)

1) how long the data will be stored locally ( I can't find any information on the device local storage capacity)

2) what happened when the storage is full ( I'm assuming it will start to right on the existing data) 

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Slobs2
Getting noticed

You may want to look at this support page. I'm not aware of any data saving feature, short of MV cameras that will continue to record. Essentially everything should function and you can't make any configuration changes until the connection is restored.

Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Configuration is stored locally so devices can continue to run.

For something like the event log, it will be written locally until cloud connectivity is restored.

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Cross-Platform_Content/Meraki_Event_Log

As for the local storage capacity and timeframe of storing local data, as far as I'm aware it's not publicly documented.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels