Meraki and AWS

NickSpeechley
Here to help

Meraki and AWS

Hey All

Starting to look into how Meraki and connect to cloud services such as AWS. Is there any good guides that someone can send me with the process of setting up? I suspect i need an additional license that will unlock the ability to link the Meraki organisation/network to AWS via a site-to-site VPN.

3 REPLIES 3
MerakiDave
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hi @NickSpeechley I'm assuming you're looking to leverage a virtual MX (the vMX100) to act as a Site-to-Site VPN concentrator.  Yes, you would add a vMX100 license to your Meraki Dashboard.  The full setup guide is here for AWS: https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/Installation_Guides/vMX100_Setup_Guide_for_Amazon_AWS and there is also a separate setup guide for Azure if needed.  Once you have the license, the config is done from Dashboard from the Appliance Status page where you generate your AWS token, populate it into your AWS instance, and go from there.  Hope that helps!

Hey MerakiDave,

Thanks for your prompt reply. Do you by any chance know the part number for vMX100 when looking up suppliers to order this license?

@NickSpeechley  Yes, it depends on the license term, like the physical appliances there are 1/3/5/7/10 year options, the SKU is LIC-VMX100-xYR where x=1/3/5/7/10.  Hope that helps.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels