Meraki WAN port

SardarAlam
Getting noticed

Meraki WAN port

Hi everyone,

How to assign Public IP to WAN port? As one of my mx has Public IP and Same is WAN port IP. I want to configure same setup in my 2nd mx where i have 2 different IPs one is Public Ip other is Private IP, 

Thanks

8 Replies 8
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You can get it from the isp dhcp

Or assign static

https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/Other_Topics/Static_IP_Assignment

In case you are talking about a nat isp router, then you should contact the isp, if its possible to get a public ip/ or remove the nat router 

SardarAlam
Getting noticed

Thanks for your prompt response, Can we configure Client VPN without ISP static IP, If we have a normal connection where IP got from ISP is changing, so our link for Client VPN will be valid or we require to configure vpn with every time IP change?

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I think it should work fine if its possible to use the dns name to connect your clients to clientvpn.

DynamicDNS

KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

As @ww said, this can be done and will typically work. I always go one step further and tell my customers to get a fixed public IP if they want to provide public services where Remote Access VPN is one of them. It will just avoid any future problems.

Thank you, But i still didn't get answer as i am trying with normal connection, because my employer is not allowing me to get a Static Public IP from ISP, As per my employer MX is designed to Bypass Static IP, while i research so the ISP offering VPN service with Static IP, is it possible to configure Client VPN and bypass Static IP, if ISP block VPN service on normal connection, Please cehck below SS of ISP.and conclude a Final, answer Please. Yes or No.

ThankS.

SardarAlam_0-1680172337125.png

KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

This is already answered, it can be done.

Even ISP not allowing?. because ask one of ISP representative over helpline they told me that you cann't use VPN services.

KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

On the screenshot it seems that it is a documented feature of your ISP connection.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels