Meraki MX85 and MX105 block printing

Solved
Ángel
New here

Meraki MX85 and MX105 block printing

Good morning,

We have several MX85 and MX105 distributed around the hotels. Since a few weeks ago, they reported to us that they could not print. The error that showed us was "PCL XL error Kernel" and what caused was that it blocked the printer, forcing a reboot to work. This error happens with many printers, not all, of different models and brands (CANON, Brother and Xerox).
We have found the "solution". If we divert the traffic from the Meraki, that is to say that it goes directly through the switch and not through the Meraki, the printers work correctly. I have checked the logs and the dashboard blocking but it does not show anything.
I have updated the Meraki going through 18.107.2, 18.107.6 and 18.205, but nothing has changed.
What could be happening?

Thanks, best regards.

1 Accepted Solution
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Unfortunately I'm still stuck on MX 16.16.9 because of this issue and a few others.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I had this same problem in versions 18.x, unfortunately the only way I was able to solve the problem was by downgrading the version.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Thanks for the answer.
What version do you have applied?

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Unfortunately I'm still stuck on MX 16.16.9 because of this issue and a few others.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels