Meraki MX84 change hostname of the appliance itself?

Solved
OmAr7
Here to help

Meraki MX84 change hostname of the appliance itself?

Hi Meraki Community,

I recently moved to a new company, and I'm new to the Cisco Meraki product, I have some concerns about the following new deployment I'm doing, it's a new location for my company and I'm working in the designing phase:

I have Cisco Meraki MX84, I have 2 ISPs as primary and secondary internet connections, I want to use a name in VPN clients setting in case we lost the primary internet to keep the VPN service for our partners and employees available, so is there any caveats for changing the hostname of the security appliance to such vpn.companyname.com.

We don't have public DNS to create our record, so I will depend on Cisco Cloud DNS to reach the new name.

Appreciate any input in this case

Happy Thanksgiving to all

Omar

1 Accepted Solution
KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The hostname of the appliance itself is quite irrelevant here. You can set it to anything you want. It gets automatically prepended to a meraki-controlled part. The resulting FQDN is used in your VPN-client configuration.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The hostname of the appliance itself is quite irrelevant here. You can set it to anything you want. It gets automatically prepended to a meraki-controlled part. The resulting FQDN is used in your VPN-client configuration.

Thanks a lot

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels