Meraki MX67W - radius configuration

PatrikNechajev
Comes here often

Meraki MX67W - radius configuration

Hello, 

i have MX67W for branch office. I need to add it to radius as a client. Radius server sits in HQ and there will be AutoVPN between HQ Meraki MX85 and branch office MX67W. My question is what IP do i need to add to radius server for MX67W so radius server will handle request correctly same way as i add LAN IP for standard AP, eg. MR36? Do i need to add GW of WLAN? 

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You need to add one of the MX LAN IPs that will participate in the VPN, assuming you are going to use 802.1x. If it's Splash Page it needs to be the public IP of the MX.

You can also see in the Radius logs which IP the MX is using to communicate.
I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Yes, i'm going to use 802.1x. Thats what i thought, so i will add gateway of internal wifi VLAN (which will participate in tunnel) and it should work. Currently, i have no possibility to simulate it and check logs. I just want to prepare as much as possible so i wont waste time onsite.

Thank you.

The behaviour on the MX is also explained in the following document:

https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/Access_Control_and_Splash_Page/MX_Access_Policies_(802.1X)#MX_an...

Well remembered @KarstenI, I forgot the detail, the IP of the VLAN with the highest ID is used.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels