Meraki MX64 and inactivity of the second wan port

ManolisFr
Getting noticed

Meraki MX64 and inactivity of the second wan port

Hello

We bought Meraki MX64 before one year and we operate on it 2 wan connections . The one of them operates on internet port without disconnections.

The second one operates on lan 4 port one we have a lot of disconnections* last week (Wan 2 not connected on dashboard page)

The router for the second one works in bridge mode and the provider told me that the last week had a lot of disconnections but the line is clear so maybe it's not a router or line problem but problem of another equipment we have (ex mx64)

3 REPLIES 3
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You could try swapping the two ISPs circuits over on your MX64 and see if the issue follows the ISP or the port.

I was thinking about this type of swap but i didn't do it yet.

The second ISP line operates on a technicolor modem router (bridge mode). This morning i swapped the technicolor modem with a tp link (i have it for backup reasons) and till now i have no disconnections.

Also, during the day an engineer from ISP visited us to check the problem and he told me that the line is clear without noise or something else (200down/22up) and the ISP'S modem router was fine without problems and he told to check the configuration of meraki

I told him that i have a tplink modem this time on wan2 without problems but...

We were working with technicolor till last february without problems...maybe the problem appears when is in bridge mode? i don't know

Lan 4 which working as wan port on meraki is a gigabit port but tp link is 10/100 (technicolor has 4 gigabit ports). Maybe we will buy some other modem / router with gigabit ports

>Lan 4 which working as wan port on meraki is a gigabit port but tp link is 10/100 

The two devices should auto-negotiate a compatible speed and duplex.  Where they both reporting as running at 100Mb/s full duplex?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels