Meraki MX64 - Switch SMC

Rodolphe
New here

Meraki MX64 - Switch SMC

Hi all,

I am new to this community and new Meraki basic user.

We have Meraki MX64 with last update. When I connected directly a switch SMCGS24C to a Meraki port 1 till 4 then internet traffic is dropping down after few time. I tried with another SMC switch (same model) and I have same issue.

For few seconds ping to Meraki is ok and then stopping.

When in between switch SMC and meraki I put another switch HP - Zyxel (Non cisco device) everything works fine.

SMC is a managed switch put back to factory defaults and with latest firmware.

I cannot see the SMC switch in the clients list.

Switch has DHCP reservation based on MacAdress

Can somebody help me with solving this issue ?

Thanks in advance.

Rodolphe

3 Replies 3
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

To be honest, I've never heard of this switch model. Well, you said it is manageable, right? Are you configuring the uplink port for Meraki in access or trunk mode? Is it possible for you to show the port configuration of both the MX and the switch?

Honestly, this seems to be much more of a problem with the switch than the MX itself.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Rodolphe that looks to be a 15 year old switch from SMC.  Unless they have released new firmware this decade, then I would suggest it isn't the best thing to use.  However if you need to use it, I suggest you log into it's management web page and check the configuration.  It even has cable testing, VLANs, trunking etc. so you might find there is something still configured that is conflicting with the MX.  The user guide is here: ug.book (edge-core.com) 

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

>When I connected directly a switch SMCGS24C to a Meraki port 1 till 4

You are only using a single connection between the MX and the switch - correct?

If you have made four connections, remove the extra three.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels