Meraki MX250 cant connect to the internet

lindo
New here

Meraki MX250 cant connect to the internet

hi

i have meraki mx250 but without buy sfp transceiver ,Is it possible to connect to MX250 to the internet via a LAN port, because the MX250 internet port must use the SFP transceiver ?

please help me

3 Replies 3
MerakiDave
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Sorry no.  That is correct the MX250 and 450 only have SFP+ WAN1/WAN2 interfaces for maximum flexibility of 1/10G copper or fiber handoffs and they require an SFP transceiver.  And the 0.0.0.0/0 default WAN route will always be out a WAN port.  You can call into Support to see if there is a back-end option they can enable to allow you to leverage a LAN port on your MX250 as a WAN port, but I'm not aware of such an option.  Even if there was an option for such a thing, it wouldn't be a supported configuration.  

jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

@MerakiDave wrote:

You can call into Support to see if there is a back-end option they can enable to allow you to leverage a LAN port on your MX250 as a WAN port, but I'm not aware of such an option.  Even if there was an option for such a thing, it wouldn't be a supported configuration.  

And, it'd have to be online and connected to the Cloud before support could make this change 😉

Correct, and there's nothing on the local status/config page to enable this.  @lindo does this help?  Possible to just get an SFP for WAN1?  

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels