Meraki MX250 cant connect to the internet

lindo
New here

Meraki MX250 cant connect to the internet

hi

i have meraki mx250 but without buy sfp transceiver ,Is it possible to connect to MX250 to the internet via a LAN port, because the MX250 internet port must use the SFP transceiver ?

please help me

3 Replies 3
MerakiDave
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Sorry no.  That is correct the MX250 and 450 only have SFP+ WAN1/WAN2 interfaces for maximum flexibility of 1/10G copper or fiber handoffs and they require an SFP transceiver.  And the 0.0.0.0/0 default WAN route will always be out a WAN port.  You can call into Support to see if there is a back-end option they can enable to allow you to leverage a LAN port on your MX250 as a WAN port, but I'm not aware of such an option.  Even if there was an option for such a thing, it wouldn't be a supported configuration.  

jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

@MerakiDave wrote:

You can call into Support to see if there is a back-end option they can enable to allow you to leverage a LAN port on your MX250 as a WAN port, but I'm not aware of such an option.  Even if there was an option for such a thing, it wouldn't be a supported configuration.  

And, it'd have to be online and connected to the Cloud before support could make this change 😉

Correct, and there's nothing on the local status/config page to enable this.  @lindo does this help?  Possible to just get an SFP for WAN1?  

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.