Meraki MX100 WAN Ports Status

Mohammad
Getting noticed

Meraki MX100 WAN Ports Status

Hi Team,

Just need more understanding on below status on my MX100?

WAN -1 Active

WAN -2 Ready

Cellular - Ready

what does above status means?

only WAN 1 in use?

WAN 2 and Cellular on standby ?

and also i am not getting to Disable to WAN 1 and WAN 2 Ports  in dashboard ?

18 REPLIES 18
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You can disable at appliance  status  > uplink  > wan1

Mohammad
Getting noticed

I can disable options under WAN 1.and WAN 2.

WAN -1 Active

WAN -2 Ready

Cellular - Ready

what does above status means?

only WAN 1 in use?

WAN 2 and Cellular on standby status is Ready?

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Mohammad  if you want to have both active, then you need to enable load balancing on the SD-WAN & traffic shaping page.

Mohammad
Getting noticed

Thanka@cmr

Does it means my Ready status link is not in use, and its in Standby mode currently?

and why there is no edit change under Cellular?

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Mohammad  yes, I believe that is the case, when load balancing is configured on an MX100 you will see it as below (this one is part of an HA pair so you see the virtual IPs as well):

cmr_0-1594196211665.png

The cellular is always only used if the wired is down, hence different options

Mohammad
Getting noticed

@cmr Thanks.

Guys, Need your input o DHCP?

Current environment DHCP is working on DHCP server on-Prem, I am planning to migrate DHCP on Meraki for my Voice Vlan?

1, Is there any specific thing need to take care for Voice VLAN DHCP?

2. How can i active DHCP Failover for DHCP Voice Vlan?

3. Is it good option to migrate DHCP on Meraki ?

4. Any special feedback and experience and comments on DHCP on Meraki?

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

1) option 150 or similar for voice server IP

2) host dhcp on an HA pair of MXs or a stack of MSs

3) works fine, we moved our HQ from Cisco 3850 stack to MX many months ago, it is actually better.

4) easy view of options, many scopes possible, I'm sure there are some issues but we've not had any

Mohammad
Getting noticed

@cmr  Now I m not going to say Thanks to u, as your comments are always very helpful for me 🙂

1) option 150 or similar for voice server IP

What I understand, if there is Cisco IP Phones we required Option 150, and options for Another IP Phones Vendor?

2) host dhcp on an HA pair of MXs or a stack of MSs

Any options, if there is Single Node of MX or MS?

3) works fine, we moved our HQ from Cisco 3850 stack to MX many months ago, it is actually better.

Perfect, Sure. I will Try Next week to migrate.

4) easy view of options, many scopes possible, I'm sure there are some issues but we've not had any

Any specific Issue, i that can be well equipped.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

No worries @Mohammad 

1) Each vendor will have at least one option, usually used to find the PABX, which PABX are you using?

2) The only other option is to have 1/2 the scope on one and 1/2 the scope on the other.  Not ideal but you do get some resilience

4) I think someone on the forums here mentioned something, but in over two years of using Meraki DHCP, we haven't had any issues so I don't think there are major ones.

Mohammad
Getting noticed

@cmr 

1) Each vendor will have at least one option, usually used to find the PABX, which PABX are you using?

I have only Cisco IP Phones.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Mohammad Then the only custom option you need is 150, type IP and put the tftp servers (CUCM servers) in the data field separated by a comma and space.  i.e. 1.1.1.1, 2.2.2.2

Mohammad
Getting noticed

Perfectly Said, Thanks.

from below output, I understand that i have more license in Organization assigned as compare to what we are consuming and assign in Network devices correct?

If this understanding is correct, what would be the reason?

Faulty Hardware?  more license as compare to Hardware or something ?

License LimitCurrent Device Count
Wireless AP200180
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi @Mohammad 

It is best to start a new thread in the Dashboard forum for this and mark as resolved this one.  

However, the answer is that you have 20 more licenses registered with the organisation than serial numbers of APs.  It isn't related to whether they are connected, faulty or similar.

Perhaps some APs were replaced and by mistake new licenses were bought, or perhaps you have 20 more APs in boxes and unregistered!  The final option would be if you had had some fail and they were removed without getting the replacements from Meraki support (hopefully not as that is free while you have a license!)

Mohammad
Getting noticed

@cmr  Thanks Mate for your kind support as always.

Sure, I will start new Thread now on MR, I have few query on that and mark this as a resolved.

Appreciate your Knowledge on Meraki.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

No worries @Mohammad ,happy to help 😀 

Mohammad
Getting noticed

@cmr 

Thanks Mate, I have added option 150 and its work for me and IP Phones get registered with CUCM.

Do I need to add Option TFTP (66) also  or what would be ideal scenario of adding it ?

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Mohammad option 150 is the Cisco proprietary version of the standard option 66, only 150 is needed unless you have non Cisco handsets.

Glad it worked 😎

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels