Meraki MX traffic behavior

DT84
Just browsing

Meraki MX traffic behavior

Hi all,

I'm new to the Meraki world and I have a question in general related to the traffic which is being allowed behavior for the MX platform. 

My client has an MX platform which is being used as a default gateway. It is a relatively simple setup which also has firewall rules configured with explicit rules and a deny any at the end of the policy which will block everything else.

We recently had a change of IPs for the SNMP collectors onsite, and I did a change to update the ACLs on the devices behind the MX. Interestingly, I noticed that I did not have to update the existing L3 firewall rules as the SNMP traffic went right through despite not having any rules explicitly configured to have it allowed.

Both collectors and routers/switches are located in different Vlans.

Is there something or some configuration which I may be missing here which may be allowing this by default?

1 Reply 1
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It are statefull fw rules for vlan to vlan and traffic to wan. (Not for vpn)

If you are sure  it should not be allowed  its better to create a meraki support  case.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels