Meraki MX syslog for all sites/networks

hmc250000
Getting noticed

Meraki MX syslog for all sites/networks

To forward syslog events I know you can add a syslog server under Network Wide > Configure > General > Add a syslog server. However this is for a single site only. We have over 20 sites so I would like to know if there's a way to configure syslog forwarding in a single place for all networks. 

6 Replies 6
RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi , 

Unfortunatly it is not possible. The setting is per network : https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Monitoring_and_Reporting/Syslog_Server_Overv...

It is not Org-wide

hmc250000
Getting noticed

I called support and was told it can also be achieved by using Configuration templates or Dashboard API access along with scripts. I would assume this would raise the level of complexity.

RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

That is correct , both options are possible.

However for templates you have to make sure that (most of ) the settings are identical across all sites.

hmc250000
Getting noticed

We have sites of various sizes and settings. From small with 1 vlan to large with more than 10 vlans.

Would that leave Dashboard API access as the only other viable option? And is there a sample script with can use and modify for our purpose?

Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

API is definitely the way to do this.

Firstly you'll need to your organisation ID - Get Organizations - Meraki Dashboard API v1 - Cisco Meraki Developer Hub

Then using that, you'll need to get a list of network ID's that you're applying the change to - Get Organization Networks - Meraki Dashboard API v1 - Cisco Meraki Developer Hub

Finally, you'll need to iterate through each network ID and perform the API call to update the syslog server config -  Update Network Syslog Servers - Meraki Dashboard API v1 - Cisco Meraki Developer Hub

The above links provide examples of how to use this call in a variety of programming languages - look on the right hand side of the page and click the tab "Template". You'll need to add in other bits such as the syntax of the for loops etc.

hmc250000
Getting noticed

Would I have to modify the script each time new networks are added?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels