Meraki MX firewall objets (MX 17.10.2)

AntoineBAK
Comes here often

Meraki MX firewall objets (MX 17.10.2)

Hello all,

I recently faced major issues with firewall objets on meraki MX firmware mx 17.10.2

Since this New firmware it is New possible to create vlan objets on mx firewall. 

I tested this feature, however my switches on this network Never goes UP. After many hours of tshoot I noticed the removal of these rules bring immediately the MS Up. Is meraki aware of this issue ? Are you agree with this tshoot ?

2 Replies 2
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

You should work with Support/open a Support case.

tcanty
Here to help

We raised a support case for a similar issue on the Z3 and mx67C's a couple of weeks, if you add a Vlan rule, it stops the firewall functioning, and pretty much blocks all traffic, other then traffic over the VPN's.

Removing the VLAN firewall entries, and replacing it the IP based rules, allows it all to function properly.

Support was meant to be doing some further testing on this, but haven't had an update to the ticket yet.

My personal advice for the moment, is don't use the VLAN firewall rule options as it doesn't functioning correctly. As ryan suggests, i would log it as a case, so it highlights the issue to the support team/developers.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels