Meraki MX 75 – (HA option)

SOLVED
naderelmansi
Here to help

Meraki MX 75 – (HA option)

What is licenses and HW option needed  in CCW for Meraki MX 75 – (HA option)?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GreenMan
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

So - as @alemabrahao has said;   you need just one license, but the hardware must be identical:

MX75-HW x 2

country-specific power cable x 2

LIC-MX75-xxx-yyY x 1

Where xxx = license level,   either ENT (Enterprise), SEC (Advanced Security) or SDW (SD-WAN+)    Note all MXs in an Org must have the same license level.

And where yy = license term - either, 1, 3, 5, 7 or 10 years

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The documentation and FAQ still clearly state:

Do I need duplicate licenses to cover my security appliance in a warm spare configuration?

A: No, if two security appliances are in a warm spare/HA configuration licensing is only required for one of the two devices. The only additional cost of a warm spare configuration is the redundant hardware.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
GreenMan
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

So - as @alemabrahao has said;   you need just one license, but the hardware must be identical:

MX75-HW x 2

country-specific power cable x 2

LIC-MX75-xxx-yyY x 1

Where xxx = license level,   either ENT (Enterprise), SEC (Advanced Security) or SDW (SD-WAN+)    Note all MXs in an Org must have the same license level.

And where yy = license term - either, 1, 3, 5, 7 or 10 years

Awsome, thanks 

naderelmansi
Here to help

Thanks for your valuable help

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels