Meraki Devices Uptime on Dashboard

MXBEGINNER
Just browsing

Meraki Devices Uptime on Dashboard

Good Day,

I am using MX-68 security appliances . when I reload my devices some time devices active immediately on dashboard and everything is ok, but sometime it take too long like 2 hours to be active on dashboard.

Last night I reload my devices one of them be active after 5 minutes and the second be active after 4 hours on dashboard.

I want to know why this happen and how to overcome this issue..

Regards:

KB

2 Replies 2
rwiesmann
A model citizen

hi, 

usually a reboot of an MX goes quite fast if the internet connection is o.k you should be able to connect

within 10 min I would say.

Did you change maybe the Uplink configuration and then reboot?

There is a mechanism to revert to the last safe configuration...so if you change the Uplink and do a reboot and after the reboot there is no internet connectivity due to the uplink change...the MX will revert to the last safe configuration after some hours.

See also:

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Cross-Platform_Content/Behavior_during_Conne...

rgds

roger

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You would need to check the local status page on a device experiencing a connectivity issue to see what it is reporting.

Most likely, it is having trouble communicating with the Internet or a DNS server.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels