Meraki Cyberark

nightchook
Conversationalist

Meraki Cyberark

Hi all, does anybody know if Meraki local account credentials can be manged by Cyberark? ie Automatic rotation?

4 Replies 4
Uberseehandel
Kind of a big deal

Automatic rotation (of security credentials) ?

Really?

Have you read the literature on this? Implementing rotation actually increases risks (might work with robots but not humans). Of course, if a network security team is looking to increase its work load, that is another matter.

Robin St.Clair | Principal, Caithness Analytics | @uberseehandel

Guess this more ore less only depends on CyberArks abilities. As they should be transparent to the end system, I don‘t see why it shouldn‘t be possible. 

But possibly I‘m not getting your point here.

@Uberseehandel wrote:

Automatic rotation (of security credentials) ?

Really?

Have you read the literature on this? Implementing rotation actually increases risks (might work with robots but not humans). Of course, if a network security team is looking to increase its work load, that is another matter.

Ultimately, the answer to my question is "not possible" without extra hardware as non-Meraki VPN routes are not advertised through AutoVPN.  Would be nice if Meraki allowed a customer to choose for themselves on this one and allow for selective advertising of non-Meraki VPN routers. Thanks

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The API does not provide any way for setting the credentials of local Meraki accounts - so no.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels