Meraki Client VPN

Anukul_Tiwari
Here to help

Meraki Client VPN

Hello Team,

A user facing speed issue with the client VPN, when he is connected to the client VPN and doing the speed test his speed is approx. 1 Mbps (download and Upload), and after disconnecting the VPN speed is almost 250+ Mbps (Approx-Download and Upload).

User machine OS is windows 11.

Any suggestions?

Regards

Anukul

4 Replies 4
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I will assume you are using L2TP connection, have you tried disabling the option to use the connection as default gateway?

alemabrahao_0-1685048618065.png

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
Anukul_Tiwari
Here to help

Hi,

I don't think that will make any difference, though I can try this, but currently all our users are using CMAK in which the gateway option is default selected, but I can create a new profile for user and check this.

Also can it be something related to Window 11 OS or any specific patch, I have noticed that this one of other user was also facing slowness accessing the VPN and resource over VPN  but all issues was resolved after sending a new laptop with windows 10 build OS.

Ben0391
Here to help

Hi.

We are currently experiencing similar issues with a handful of users.

Do you think it is a Windows-caused problem?

edit....

I have found various threads on this topic in the forum. It seems to be a windows update...

https://community.meraki.com/t5/Security-SD-WAN/Windows-11-Very-Slow-VPN-Connection/m-p/125179#M3114...

BenH8
Conversationalist

Multiple users are having issues with VPN speed on the 2 sites that I work with (one I'm the admin and the other is managed by others). I ran basic speed tests with the VPN on and off and using a remote computer. There is a significant slow down when on the VPN. I know 2 of the users are running Windows 11, but not sure of the others. I'm on Windows 10 and no issues.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels