Meraki Client L2TP/IPsec vpn and IPsec tunnel with non-meraki device simutaneously

JJM
Here to help

Meraki Client L2TP/IPsec vpn and IPsec tunnel with non-meraki device simutaneously

Hello all,

I have a questions, that i would like to know "can i use Meraki Client L2TP/IPsec vpn and IPsec tunnel with non-meraki device simultaneously" because i cannot connect Meraki client vpn while having ipsec tunnel with non-meraki vpn.

Appreciate anyone reply. 

3 Replies 3
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Yes, you definitely can.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
almightythor
Here to help

are you using windows built in vpn client or anyconnect or some other software client? If you use windows VPN and you choose the documented settings from the Meraki website it can change. If you manually configure the adapter with PAP it will change the authentication in windows settings. You have to go back in and change that to "username and password". Many times this will toggle the MSCHAP back on the VPN adapter so you have to go back there and select PAP again. It's been a bug for a while with windows but not in software vpn clients like anyconnect. Sometimes you have to toggle the settings twice before windows will stop mangling your connection then it should connect fine. Just make sure you have CHAP off.

thanks for it. Let me try with it.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels